Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The World Is Not My Oyster. It Is A Chocolate Cupcake...

I am exhausted. Truly there are days that one wonders what is the point? I read where my other blog when googled now comes up before Martin Luther King Jr.
And that is so whack!
As the new generation says.

It did not give me a sense of self-importance to read that. It made me feel very sad.
I could live to be, Oh Forever. And Ever Again.
And nothing I have said. Wrote. Or done. Will ever. Carry. The significant. Magnitude.
Of that...

What does that say about us? As people. Or google? That trash talk. With a hidden meaning. Holds a greater appeal?
Than the single. Most important thing.
Equality...
In humanity...

Arrived at. By one. If not. THE. Single most dignified act.
Of rebellion.
And Resistance.

Against. And to. Intolerance.

Where have they all gone? Those quiet. And dignified. Protesters. With their beautiful. And intact. Sense of self.
Those supposedly unworthy of consideration individuals.
Who when they quietly said, "No, I will not".
The Earth shook...

No the world is not my oyster. To crack. And to eat. I am too small. And undignified.
But this chocolate cupcake. With white frosting. And yellow sprinkles.
And periwinkle ones too.
This I will eat.

Comfort food? Maybe.
Maybe it is a celebration cake. All things in moderation type of thing.
Because too much of any one thing?
Will eventually.
Make you.
Sick...

Who was it who wrote the words? "No. No I will not. Go quietly. Quietly In to The Good Night"!
I won't you know. It isn't my nature.

But for now? I am just going to eat this cupcake. Because it is mine. The rest of you?
Well you will probably just have to get your own.

1 comment: