Tuesday, April 28, 2009

True or False???

There is much I do not know. TRUE
There is much I have not seen. TRUE

There is much I have seen that I wish I had not. TRUE
There is much that I have heard that I wish I had not. TRUE

There is no possibility that I can be wrong about anything. FALSE
I generally admit when I am wrong. TRUE

There are many people that I have met who have convinced me there are many worthwhile human beings.
There are even more who cause me to reconsider that opinion on a daily basis.

Wasting my time with adults who act as children while addressing very important issues?
And maintaining a peaceable and respectful of their opinions attitude and demeanor?
So far beyond my reach that I have stopped reaching.

I am actually stunned by what I have seen with this whole 3 Strikes drama/saga. I am stunned that so many are so blatantly hypocritical that they now require compensation for doing the right thing.
And expecting of adulation and praise as well.

If this is any indication of where equine rescue is headed I want out. Of any organized group.
I am blown by the complete disregard for any type of ethical and consistent standard.

Someone described their general impression of most of the FHoTD posters as being like the cool girls smoking their cigarettes in the bathroom at school. Sucking those cigarettes til the cherry was an inch long and glowing red. Chewing and snapping their gum. All while, trying to look cool and tough. When they were scared shitless that they were going to get caught.
How apropo... Sucking, chewing, and snapping. And scared of being caught.

I have little patience with posers and imposters. Even less tolerance for. If, this is to be my peer group in rescue, I am disassociating myself from any relation to.

So many of these people think they are changing the world. No. Not really. They are just creating more smoke for everyone else to navigate through. And when it clears?
There is usually a tremendously large pile of shit and dead bodies on the other side. That they were hoping to hide.

I have said my piece on this issue repeatedly. I have horses to train and other employment to attend to.
I am through trying to share information with the ineducable.
They already know everything they are interested in knowing. And as they have made careers out of blowing smoke up the asses and in the eyes of the masses?
Who am I to stand in the way of their progress?

Hopefully and occasionally, a hurdle to the progression of ignorance that cannot be stepped around, on, or over...



No comments:

Post a Comment