Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back To Bitching About Internet Anonymity...

It is nice to see that some posters are not okay with some of the bashing that takes place on the internet.
The misinterpretations still exist. But mostly things seem to have settled down and become a bit more rational.

As for the hidden identities and claims of others that they just know a certain SN is really the same individual who regularly posts under another SN?
Does anyone else get what a waste of time those accusations are?
I mean really, how will you ever prove that?

One thing I have always wondered about is, a shitty, hurtful, and/or otherwise controversial, new SN appears.
And then, a poster under a SN known to most everyone offers their opinion that the new SN is so and so.
I have noticed something of a trend in the relatively new SNs on some message boards.

1. who said that
2. for the record
3. enough already
4. uenduphere

Do I think I know who they are? Sometimes. I have dared to presume on occasion that number 1 is actually the blog writer on one message board.
The truth is, I do not and have no way of knowing if this is true.

Speaking from my own experience multiple SNs are either meant as a new anonymity to express opinions or information without drawing immediate fire. To deceive that one may create drama.
That a known SN may express nastiness that they do not want attached to their primary SN or them.
Or, because someone came up with a new to them SN that they want to try out.
Kind of like a Mathilda wanting to maybe be a Britney.

I don't do it anymore. But everyone will just have to take my word for that. Or not.
But as, I actually do post under my real and legal name, I really take offense to the attacks launched on my credibility by another.
As, I actually do spend thousands of dollars and countless hours doing what that other individual "talks" about.

So, here is all I am going to say in response to that. Pick it up with someone else.
You have not the standing with me. Or, anyone who actually "knows" me.
And you are not empowered to speak for me.
Apologizing for me implies an association that is not in place.

Thank you very much. Moving on now...

No comments:

Post a Comment