Sunday, June 21, 2009

In The Beginning... And in the End...

People often confuse this as it applies to people. Lots of things can and do happen in life to cause changes in people.

Good and Bad...

What it really boils down to is Who do you really want to be? Not What. Who.
Because the reality is it is impossible to be anyone or anything other than what you were intended to be.

Oh you can try. But it is a lot like wearing someone else's shoes if they are custom made.
The fit is never going to be quite right.
Close maybe. But not right for you.
But what does that really matter? Because those are not your shoes.

I think we have all heard someone say, "Boy, I sure wish I was Bill Gates". Well then Who would Bill Gates be?
See how it starts?
Then there is wishing you had his money. But it is his money.

The point is simply to be the best you that you can be. And because you are you that is the prize in itself.
Because no one else fits exactly into your custom made shoes the way you do either.

The Jones Syndrome has caused so many people to become unhappy with so much that they weren't unhappy with until someone else told them they should be.

It's kind of like being a small child. You know what you look like and you know your name.
And that is good enough. Fabulous actually.
Until someone comes along and tells you you are not.
And then, the doubt begins.

It has happened to everyone at some point or another. What I truly don't understand is why we allow it as adults.
And perpetuate it. Even on our own children.
That is really fucked up.

Wish we could change that. I am going to start right away. Right now in fact.
I am sorry and truly apologize to anyone and everyone I have ever through word or deed caused to doubt themselves.
That is a terrible thing to do to another. Especially when you know how it feels.
I might do it again.
But I won't do it in ignorance. And I will not do it for enjoyment or sport.
And I will work even harder to never do it to make myself feel better at anothers expense.
Angry words suck... And they can be a real bitch.
And they can change lives in ways that were never intended. And sometimes have exactly the effect that they were planned to have.

Effective communicating is such a chore. Why can't people just say what they mean?
Ask for what they need?
And speak to each other the way they want to be spoken to?
Because we are not there yet.

But I am going to redouble my efforts. On all fronts.

3 comments:

  1. And just so I do not have to waste any time explaining why I am not a hypocrite.

    Asking me what I mean will usually get you a very direct response.
    Assuming that I have some nefarious ulterior motive or my language is secret code to cause everyone to laugh at you whoever you are would be incorrect.

    Atheists are seriously a pain in my ass. Not because I hate them.
    Because you can't explain anything to them simply.
    And because they say God is a lie then if YOU believe in God YOU are a lie.
    As is everything you say.

    They remind me of children without a question who still walk around saying Why?
    And when you say Why what?
    They respond with Why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old saying "sticks and stones"
    can really be read ,"sticks and stones can break your bones , but words will break your heart"

    Simple kindness and courtesy has proven in these times not to be so simple after all. I hope that with time that will change .I ask the question "would you let anyone treat your Mother/sister/daughter that way?"If the answer is no then we need to remember every woman we meet is at least one of those to someone.
    Keep the faith Dena , better times to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dena, will you please email me at
    Moiety001@yahoo.com
    It's personal. Not against you, I just need some insight.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete