Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It is the little things that are important...

I was doing some cleaning today. Laundry, household catch up, disinfecting. etc. My son just happened to come along while I was cleaning the stainless steel kitchen sink.
Now for those of you who have a stainless steel sink and really hard water you know what a chore this can be.
My son says, "Wow...Baking soda...Armor Hammer!!! Now That's What I Call Home Care!!!".
Good thing he was busy while I was using the Sno-Bowl to get the majority of the rust and calcification off.
Or, he might have thought I was cheating.

Our life removed from all the economic and social pressures of today is really very simple.
We don't watch tv. We don't have any of those video game players. If, we eat out, it is off the dollar menu.
We do not have a grand home. Or, drive a fancy car. We have suitable clothing. And we have food. For everyone and everything that resides here.
We are blessed in our true friends. And we respect the value of that.
We do what we can when we can to help others. And we are learning daily to accept our limitations, as well as, expand our abilities to not be limited.

We very firmly believe, that without Jesus and his sacrifice on our behalf, nothing we would ever do would matter very much.
Life in and of itself is not so very hard. Trying to navigate in a World of so many unbelievers can sometimes make it seem so.
We don't live like the Rockefeller's. But neither, was that our goal.
And we have complete faith that whatever happens today God will be with us every step of the way. And tomorrow. And so on.
Where we cannot make a way? He can. And He will.

Our belief does not define us as not having a sense of humor. In fact, the opposite holds true.
We do not qualify as Bible thumpers. Mostly because it has been too polluted by the words and intents/agendas of others.
I have been known on occasion to make creative use of the language. Does that make me less christian in my beliefs?
I don't think so.
I just wanted to take a minute to clarify. Because it has never been my intent to confuse those who are truly searching.
Just the enemy...

Hope this helped...

2 comments:

  1. Dena , sounds like a good life. No excess is not a bad thing . and as far as when we slip and speak/type like a longshoreman .keep in mind God "gets us " and knows what is in our hearts.
    I love a lsilly litte prayer I had on my fridge forever, goes something like this,
    "Dear Lord,

    So far today, I'm doing all right.

    I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self indulgent.

    I have not whined, complained, cursed, or eaten any chocolate.

    I have charged nothing on my credit card.





    But....I will be getting out of bed in a minute, and I think that I will really need your help then...."

    ReplyDelete