Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A New Kind of War...

I am done fighting. Done fighting evil. Done speaking it's language. Done immersing myself in it's stench.

There were reasons I engaged. There are always reasons. For everything. The reasons only become excuses when you have failed.
And that is when you hear, "but I did the best I could".

I don't believe I failed in the work that was brought to me. Neither, do I believe I always did the best that I could in that work.

When I engaged in word battles and was unkind. Either, because it was easier. Or, in a rather twisted way felt good.
That is where I failed myself, others, and all that I believe in.
I have dwelled on that long enough to know, that I need to forgive myself. And ask others to do the same.

I am growing again. And I cannot grow well, straight, true, and strong, without the proper nourishment.
Nothing really can.
I do not desire to be a solitary rose growing atop a dung heap.
I wish, hope, and pray, to be in a garden.
With many other growing faces pointing towards the Sun.

Who I was then, is not who I am now. And who I am today, is not who I will be tomorrow.
God willing...

That is also true about the truth. It evolves and progresses. It doesn't stand still.
Neither does time.

The words have always been there. It just takes time to learn the lessons and meanings of them.
It is a living truth.
I cannot do or be anything alone. Thank God, I have never truly been alone.

Evil is as evil does. We have all opened a window or a door to evil at some point or another in our lives.
Poor choices and mistakes.
What we choose to do with those learning opportunites plays a very great part in whether we become a puppet or a tool.

I refuse to become a puppet. And I think I may need to be brought to the stone and ground a little that I may become sharper.
And I need to be oiled. That I may shed my coat of rust.
I would prefer to be a hoe. Rather than, a sword of any type.
Breaking ground to grow and tend. Rather than warring and bloodletting.

I have chosen and reaffirmed my choice in this. Loss disturbs me. Judging disturbs me.
A true gardener never retires. It is passion and joy. A warrior may choose to retire and become a full time gardener.
Welcome to my retirement.
And please bear with me if I pick up the wrong tool from time to time.
I'll get better with time and practice.

I wish The Lord's healing and love for all. I pray for the day that we may all be in the same garden with our faces towards the Son.
Instead of, pain, shame and so many other things, evil things, that keep us hiding in the dark.

I am done fighting evil. Because I have simply chosen to succeed it. Crazy how that works.
And simple.
Just like blowing sunshine up someones, well...you know. If, their mind is truly that closed, it has nowhere to escape except out of their mouth.
And at least that way the seeds continue to spread.
Humor can also be a beautiful thing. Besides being necessary.

Have A Wonderful Day Everyone... I intend to.
I should have titled this, "This is what Jesus did for me Today"...

6 comments:

  1. Nothing is carved in stone except the 10 guidelines to a better life.
    And your epitaph.
    Life truly is for the living...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dena ,I think to fight for what you belive is a fight we can never truly walk away from. You have chosen to stop fighting WITH evil. And more power to you, for if you feed the serpent it only grows stronger.The thing is living a life of quality and good maral standards will always in this society be a fight , but it is most certainly a fight you can win ! The old story about the right road is not often tha easy raod. To you to have a wonderful day , with strengh and peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Fern I love how you get what I try to say.
    But we are both right.
    I am done fighting with it. Yes.
    Sometimes you win even when you lose. I am become weary witnessing. The hours are fewer than the need for intercession.
    I am worn Fern.
    I am in need of restoration.
    I will get farther in this quest for salvation planting and tending the seeds sown.
    Than holding the frontline.
    I will have words to share with regard to rescue.
    And neverending hope that rescue not become a trap to further the cause of discontent, disillusionment, despair, and disappointment.
    You know Fern I always wanted the whole world as my playground and forever to explore it.
    But not for me and me alone.
    Never that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A ho, huh? Lol!! Snort!! Snicker! I know, I'm terible.
    Got a dungheap under your rose? Where's that turdburglar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes AofG, a "hoe". You know a tool to help create heaven on Earth.
    I had a commercial cleanup business that brought drug and crime infested trailer parks up to licensing standards.
    The sign man almost fell over when I asked him to make a sign for my truck. With a picture of the Earth and H.O.E on it it.
    He also owned one of the trailer parks. It was a classic comic moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and AofG? The Turdburglar has always seen through me to my heart like clear glass.:)

    ReplyDelete