Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lessons and Blessings. Counting them both...

This past week has cemented much for me in my understanding of many things. The lessons are not so hard to take when you are able to recognize the blessings that accompany them.

I have some amazing friends. Who do the most amazing things when I am not expecting it.
Things that let me know they are thinking of me. Things that let me know that they have taken time out of their day to brighten mine.
Kind and supportive words. The sharing of ideas. And allowing me to take good long looks at them when I need to because sometimes people scare me.

And sometimes, when I look closely, I am stunned by what others seem to have missed.
Maybe because it is more precious to me.
The gifts of true friendship are gold to me. And treated and treasured as such.

There have been a few who have stopped at nothing in their attempts to take this from me.
I guess they don't realize that they cannot.
And there has been much complaining about why her? Why does she get this precious treasure?
Because I am blessed. There is no other explanation.

Except maybe one. I do not have a jealous or covetous heart. I love my friends and want the very best for them.
The very best...

And I think maybe that shows. Because it isn't something that can be faked. I know this because they make me feel the same way.
I can't count the times I have been humbled by an email or a phone call.
My family takes great joy in bringing me the mail these days.
And I am their TV.

Watching me rub my face in the fleece of fly masks made with thought and care for me and mine. After squealing loud and long in excitement.
Reading a letter over and over and putting it in my keepsake box.
Having 2 friends work together to see me get another gift I very much wanted. But could not afford.

Having people say, "I sure wish you lived closer to me." And saying those same words to others.
And knowing that they are meant.

I have said it before, humbling me is as simple as an act of kindness. Acts of leverage or attempts to use me as your poster child of Look at Me! Look what I did for the societal reject?
Not even remotely the same. Those are offerings meant to demean and destroy.
I can recognize the difference. And so can others.

When I do something for a friend or anyone I have also made the determination to do it quietly. And in good faith that I did what I felt was right.
There is no expectation of payment for that. Nor, do I publicize it.
Sometimes people need help. Why would I attempt to shame them for doing so all while claiming to be their savior?
That is not a savior or a friend. That is an opportunist.

I find it offensive that anyone would look at my situation and determine to break up my assets of love and friendship like some at risk airlines pension fund in a hostile buyout.
See? I told you my friends are gold. To do the above and claim to be one is an insult. To everyone involved.

And here is another thought. People are attracted to and by different things. My friends. My man. My business associates.
All of them see something in "me." Something that attracts them to "me."
How hard is that to understand? Unless, you are the predator attempting to raid my hen house.
Well...the three little pigs were not buying the program and neither am I.
So huff and puff away.
My house stands...
And it is golden.

Have a Wonderful Sunday everyone...

3 comments:

  1. Hope yours was good. My FIL had hip replacement Monday. I have spent the better part of three days at the hospital. He has now moved to rehab. Big guy-6'2" and 265 lbs. The bigger they are, the harder they fall!!! Three months and they do the other one. I cannot wait!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is good! Here's to friends...

    ReplyDelete