Friday, March 27, 2009

Just Because I Married You Does NOT Mean You Get A Vote!!!

Okay, first he hated my cat. So? I had the cat before I ever even met you. Do you really think she is going anywhere? No...
That was the beginning. Many years ago.
Now? Francesca is the smartest cat. The greatest most skilled hunter. And a infallible judge of character. And an amazing child protector, entertainer, and educator.
Yep. According to HIM.

Then there was the whole flipping houses craze. You know trading spaces and all that. We Should Do That!!!
Again, according to him.
Okay. We bought the house.

Me, "I am running to the home improvement store".

Him, "Why"?

Me, "Because, I need mud and drywall tape".

Him, "Why? Can't you just leave it the way it is? Do you have to keep spending money"?

Me, "Yes, because that is how it is done. Home IMPROVEMENT you know"?

Him, "Another excuse to spend money more like".

Well, needless to say, we don't do that anymore. In his house.
Smaller projects in mine. Like when I repainted the laundry/back porch 3 times.

Him, "Didn't you just do this"?

Me, "Yep".

Him, "Why are you doing it again"?

Me, "Because it didn't turn out the way I was thinking".

Him, "Oh. How much is paint a gallon now"?

Me, "Doesn't really matter I want it the way I want it".

Him, "Yeah, because that is so important in the scheme of things".

Me, "Glad you understand that".

And now, we come to the horses...This could take days/years. Remember he is my newbie husband. New to horses too.
A little bit of a livestock minded man. Oh Joy. Sees something done once? Well, that is simple enough right? Wrong.
Now, he is an EXPERT.
On everything. And I must be confused. Because all my years of study and training don't mean diddley.
Because, so and so said.
I don't care what so and so said.
Unless, it makes sense of course.
Then, I care.
And please, please, please. I can squeeze a buck until it yips. Don't ever tell me I am wasting money.
It makes me angry. Very angry.
Guess who is having mac and cheese with tuna for a few days until he remembers this?

Him, "Why didn't you sell that gelding to the people that had the money"?

Me, "Because, I didn't feel comfortable with the situation and they are too far away for me to monitor".

Him, "You know you have spent almost $700 on hay in the last couple of weeks right"?

Me, "$682.30 including transport to be specific what's your point"?

Him, "Well, I am just saying".

Me, "Well don't".

It really isn't that bad. Well, somedays it is. And then, I had to order Class 5 to repair the subfloor in the barn.
And buy grain.
And order wormer.
And pay for the cutdown on my new saddle.
And make arrangement for 2 more to go to permanent sanctuary.
That was a tough give for me.

The point is, I am already not in the best of moods. And he should know this. So maybe, today isn't the best day to tell me what so and so said.
Or, to tell me how much money I am spending. There is never a good day to do that.
Must have been the look on my face that clued him in. I believe I was even smiling.

Him, "Am I packing"?

Me, "Would you like some help"?

*I forgot to add followed by very pregnant pause here.LOL

Him, "How about I get a start spreading that Class 5"?

Me, "Sounds good. I will be out in a bit".

Him, "Take your time".

Do you suppose that is what is known as, "The Spirit of Compromise"? Or, a man who has learned to recognize a losing battle? No matter what so and so said.

6 comments:

  1. FIRST!!! La primiere!! Numero Uno! Pervaja!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AofG
    Yes Dear. You are first. In my book. And many others.
    Good to see you. I was starting to think I was going to have to send CCC and the hounddogs after you too.
    I have the coolest friends. Your amazing self included.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love good men! Mine tries so hard that he frequently gets on the last nerve I have...and then cooks dinner. Smartypants that he is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can't complain about mine, he's crazy enough to put with and even love the likes of my tempermental, redheaded ass. I can be quite the hag. Poor man, I don't think he had even a clue as to what he was getting into. Somedays I think he really ought to have his head examined.

    It's too funny Dena, that you had one of "them days" today, "becuz"<---(hee hee) so did I. I was ranting and raving about the house being a filthy mess and I just can't stand a messy house. I started to go all Section 8 and had to reel it back in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really funny Dena. Poor men, they can be so clueless. Kevin is so right there most of the time but then whamo, he will do or say something so off the wall that all I can do is stare at him.

    He tells me that I am mean now and then, my response is, "I wasn't mean until I married you."

    ReplyDelete