Thursday, November 26, 2009

People

I read something today that had me a little irritated. And then, it made me laugh.
People and horses have been my psychology professors.
And you know what?
We don't all click.

Sometimes, people are just too strong for me. Too needy. Too consumptive. The only way I can explain it is some people are very discordant in their emotional harmonies. And they just set my teeth on edge and my last nerve ajangle.
And politeness dictates that you cannot just say, oh for fucks sake will you get away from me!?!"

Many of the horses that have come into my life have suffered this same difficulty.
People who determine to have them because of how they think they will feel if they can master this beast.
And they end in a ditch or some other place.

I believe it is essential to have a good understanding of your own self. Before you take your show on the road soliciting investors.
Because that is what you are doing when you determine to create or enlarge your social group.

There are many things in life that cannot, and therefore, should not be forced. Relationships are at the top of the list.
I like my men and my horses the same way. Solid and reliable. And relatively easy keepers.
I can live without all of the flash. And choose to.
My children are like colts. A world of potential and it is a given that they will pull their fair share of stupid shit. But the theory is they will grow up and into themselves someday.

My business relationships are defined by fair dealing or we are done. And please do not ever fuck me over that I feel inclined, why downright honor bound even, to return the favor.
If, I can't trust you? I don't want you.

My friends? Are my one and only frivolity and luxury. It is my treat and my pleasure to be in those relationships.
So if, too needy and too consumptive are defining characteristics of a person?
Chances are they do not qualify as a friend in my world.
They should allow tax deductions for dependents that one has not given birth to.
Thank God I still have my sense of humor.
In fact, that is one of my defining characteristics.

So slash my tires, lie, write in what you believe to be a very cleverly disguised manner, and in general make a nuisance of yourself.
That defines you. Not me. And goes a very long way towards explaining why you did not make the cut.
Because, as I stated, if I cannot trust you? I do not want you.

I am and have always been truly blessed in my friends. I suffer from no confusion as to who they are.
I also know what kind of friend I am.

Happy Thanksgiving...

3 comments:

  1. Ditto. That is all I can say. Without repeation. Sigh. Sometimes I have to say I am happier when NO ONE is around. Not saying I truly like myself; just that I find me easier to deal with most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say "without repeating". Brain runs faster than I can type. (was a total disaster on a manual typewriter. Love comuputers. It is easier to erase)

    ReplyDelete